To Check Availability
Please Call us on 02920 755 880 or Contact Us
- Know the regulatory requirements and sources of guidance for Energy Efficiency standards for gas-fired and oil-fired heating appliances connected to ‘wet’ heating circuits
- Know the requirements of minimum boiler efficiency standards for gas-fired and oil-fired heating appliances connected to ‘wet’ heating circuits
- Be able to determine if a non-condensing boiler installation would be acceptable
- Know the requirements relating to space heating primary circuit type and design for
- Gas-fired and oil-fired ‘wet’ heating systems
- Know the compliance standards requirement for hot water storage vessels
- Know the requirements relating to the preparation and water treatment of hot water
- systems and wet central heating systems
- Know the requirements relating to the commissioning of hot water systems and wet
- central heating systems
- Know the requirements of the minimum standards for the control of gas-fired and oil-fired wet central heating systems
- Know the requirements of the minimum standards for the control of insulation of pipework for gas-fired and oil-fired wet central heating and hot water storage systems
- Know the requirements relating to standalone glandless heating system circulators
Operatives wishing to take the Energy Efficiency qualifications shall hold domestic ACS or OFTEC or one of the following qualifications (or equivalent earlier certification that provides evidence or competence):
- N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Plumbing
- N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Heating and Ventilating (Domestic Installation)
- N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Heating and Ventilating (I & C Installation)
- N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Oil-Fired Technical Services
- N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Gas Installation and Maintenance
- Understand what asbestos is and its uses;
- Understand the nature and properties of asbestos;
- Understand the types of diseases caused by exposure to asbestos;
- Know what processes release asbestos;
- Identify who is at risk and how to avoid the risks from asbestos;
- Understand the requirements of current legislation;
- Know how to manage the risk and protect people.
There are no pre-requisites for those candidates wishing to undertake the course.
Working With Non-Licensed Asbestos (CAT B)
This course provides the necessary knowledge, understanding and skills to persons who will knowingly disturb asbestos containing materials during the course of their work activities, including building maintenance workers and supervisory personnel, and building maintenance managers. Successful completion of the course will allow candidates to undertake asbestos non licensed works in accordance with the Control of Asbestos regulations 2012 and all associated Codes of practice.
Training is in accordance with Regulation 10 of Work with materials containing asbestos,
Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012, Approved Code of Practice and guidance (L143) and Equipment and Methods Sheet EM2 of Asbestos essentials: Task manual for building, maintenance and allied trades on non-licensed asbestos work (Second edition) (HSG210).
The training will cover the topics in appropriate detail, by means of both written and oral presentation, practical demonstration and participation as necessary.
Prerequisites: Candidates wishing to undertake the course must have taken the Asbestos Awareness course within the last six months or undertake immediately prior to this course.